Thursday, April 12, 2012

We believe God. What does that mean?

What is the difference between believing in God, and believing God? Well, I'm gonna put what I believe up on the shelf. You can take it down if you want to.
An article of our faith states, "We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God." In essence, we believe that what He says, is true. So when He says, "my works are without end, and also my words, for they never cease," He means it. His words never cease. That is why we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
The Apostle Paul taught the Hebrews, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." A prophet in the Book of Mormon adds his testimony of this eternal verity by saying, "And again I speak unto you who deny the revelations of God, and say that they are done away, that there are no revelations, nor prophecies... do we not read that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing?" The Old and New Testaments are proof of God's revelatory pattern to His children. He spoke to people in days of old, and He continues to do so through His servants the prophets. He never changes, and His words never cease. This is why we believe in modern-day prophets. And we believe God. In my next blog, I'm going to talk about what I mean by modern-day prophets. So, stay tuned folks. Have an awesome day! And stay classy.
Elder Hill

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome post, friend!! I agree whole-heartily with this doctrine. It's absolutely my 100% belief that we can believe Him and take Him at His word for the very simple reason that He invites us to "try Me, and see if I won't pour out a blessing the likes of which you haven't enough room to put it all." That verse, to me, is more about Him willing us to come and try Him than about the blessing poured out. To cry out for our needs and wait with anticipation on the manifestation. Anyone who has ever taken God at His word has discovered He is faithful to "perform" it. If He tells us we are more than conquerors, then we can do battle with confidence. If He tells us we can have the peace that surpasses understanding, we can let our worries go and KNOW that He's got control of the situation. This was a great writing and I enjoyed reading it. God bless you and YOU stay classy!!

    ReplyDelete