Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oh ye shall!

The other day I was digging through my scriptures trying to find an uplifting or motivating scripture I could share with a friend. I found some really good ones, but one really stood out to me and has become a personal favorite. This scripture is found in John chapter 16 and its verse 33. It reads, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." Notice how Christ says, ye shall? He doesn't say you might or any other form of an indefinite word. He says you will. I don't know why, but it kind of struck me as humorous. When trials come we are often a tad bit surprised. We find ourselves saying, really? Seriously?? Honestly, I do that daily. This probationary state we live in, life, is a test. The point of a test is to teach or provide oppurtunities for growth. Granted I have been graduated for almost a year now, so things may have changed, but I never attributed the word "easy" with most tests that I took. Likewise, life is not easy. It will be challenging at times. We shall face tribulation!
The beautiful reassurance comes at the end of that verse: Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. Our Savior has overcome the most difficult things in life that we couldn't ourselves: death and sin. The rest, though at times one would disagree, we can overcome. And we don't have to do it alone. Christ is always there for us! He is not a 'fairweather fan.' Allow Him into your life. He will help you overcome the trials and tribulations that will inevitably come. This I have a sure testimony of. How? Because I have felt His love and help through difficult phases in my life. I will be eternally grateful for Him! I love you all. Stay classy!
Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment