Saturday, May 21, 2011

the Gospel of Jesus Christ: the coach to the family


As much as I hate Duke, I cannot help but love Coach K. The man can coach! Duke, inevitably, produces an excellent basketball team. And Coach K is the mastermind behind it all. So where in the world is Elder Hill going with this analogy? Stay tuned, my friends.
In today's society, the family is under attack. Divorce is becoming more common than a lasting marriage. And that is sad! I love my family. There I find peace and refuge from the crazy world we live in. They are my support. Besides my Savior, they are the only rock that I have. The message we as missionaries teach is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. When all else fails, it is the only thing that can save a family's relationship. This I have a testimony of. When a family is living in accordance to the Gospel, they are powerful.
Coach K has pulled the Blue Devils through some tough times. He is their rock. He holds the team together, and leads them on to victory. He is calm under pressure, and never loses his cool. Jesus Christ's Gospel does the same for the family. It unites us in our path of following Him. Ultimate joy and happiness is the victory. And the Gospel leads the family, our team, past the opposition unfailingly. I have seen this for myself and I will be eternally grateful for it. I love you all. Stay classy.
Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment