Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jesus Christ: the power behind God's plan


I, love, cars. I really do. Ever since I was a little kid I have been extremely fascinated with how they work. I took three years of auto mechanics in high school and I just had a passion for engines and what makes them tick. It is no surprise that they have the greatest amount of importance in the anatomy of an automobile. They make the thing go! Some MUCH faster than others, but that is totally irrelavant to the topic. To the question I posed in the title, what do engines have to do with Jesus Christ?
God, our Eternal Father in Heaven, has a plan for each and every one of us. This plan includes: what we need to do in this life, and where we go in the hereafter. This plan has many different names. Such as, "the Plan of Happiness," the "Plan of Salvation," and so on. Whatever the title, it is the plan that, when followed, allows us to return to live with our Father in Heaven again. Let's shift gears (clever analogy) and break it down. There is a scripture in the Book of Mormon that talks specifically about the purpose for this life. It is found in Alma chapter 34, and it is verse 32. It reads, "For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors." These labors spoken of here, are the ordinances of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Which are first, faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism for the remission of sins, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands, and enduring to the end. These are the things we need to do to in this life to prepare to meet God. So where does Jesus Christ fit in to all of this? Jesus Christ is what enables us to "perform our labors." If it weren't for Him we could not be cleansed of our sins. When He suffered for us, He took upon Him our sins and provided a way for us to be cleansed of them. He was baptized by someone holding the Priesthood authority of God, paving the way for us to be baptized. See the importance of our Savior Jesus Christ? He is what propells His Father's plan. Without Him, it would go nowhere. Christ is everything. He has eternal significance with each and every one of us individually. He lives. This I know! I love Him so much. My friends, never forget how important Jesus Christ is. If you have any questions about this plan, which I hope you do, message me on Facebook and I would love to help. I love you all. Stay classy.
Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment