Friday, May 13, 2011

The same yesterday, today, and forever!

Hello again! The other day my companions and I met this really nice guy and we had quite the conversation with him. He made a comment that really struck me as odd. He doesn't believe in modern-day revelation and he believes that the "heavens are shut." He told us that he felt like after Christ and His apostles, God no longer spoke to His children. Why in the world would a loving Heavenly Father shun thousands of years of His children from hearing the word of God?? The Bible doesn't fill us in with all of the facts, my friends. We must have more! And we do!
In Hebrews 13:8, it reads, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever." If this is true, the fact that we have a living Prophet on the earth today to lead and guide the followers of Christ is no strange phenomenon. In the Book of Mormon, a Prophet named Moroni 400 years after the ascension of the Christ to Heaven, says this about the subject, "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God, to claim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon the children of men? For he hath answered the ends of the law, and he claimeth all those who have faith in him; and they who have faith in him will cleave unto every good thing; wherefore he advocateth the cause of the children of men; and he dwelleth eternally in the heavens. And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men."
My friends, God still speaks to us. This is more evidence of His love for us. What a great blessing it is to know that the Heavens are not shut. This I have a testimony of! Christ will never change. And neither will His Gospel. He lives! I love you all. Stay classy.
Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment