Thursday, March 15, 2012

"The Holy Ghost... bring[s] all things to your remembrance."

It has once been said, that God gave us memory so that we could have roses in winter. Ohh man is this true! Winter in Kentucky and Tennessee is so dull and lifeless. But after a quick stroll through our internal archives, we can call to remembrance the beauty of this so-called "God's country," and we have great reason to rejoice. As one of many aspects and blessings that flow from the Holy Ghost, this principle I have a strong testimony of.
The Lord told His disciples that the Holy Ghost will, "bring all things to your remembrance." (John 14:26) The Lord also told Enoch, that the Holy Ghost deals with "the peaceable things of immortal glory." (Moses 6:61) So after reading these 2 verses, we are taught that the Spirit of God will bring to our remembrance, the feelings and peace of immortal glory. The peace that we feel when the Spirit is present, is a foretaste of eternal joy. It is also a glimpse of what it felt like to be in the presence of our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ.
If the thought of roses helps us get through the bone chilling cold and gloom of winter, then it is my firm belief that the fruits of the Spirit can get us through the overcast days of mortality. I have felt this before, many times. And it is truly amazing. Our lives are not all spent in the climate of southern California. There will be winters, on occasion. But with the memory of eternal joy, the 'roses' of immortal glory, we can get through them and find joy therein. It is my prayer that we will feast upon the fruits of the Spirit. Leave me some comments and share a few examples of this in your life! But if anything, have a great day. And stay classy.
Love Elder Hill 

2 comments:

  1. winters aren't that bad here.. at least they are warm most of the time.. lol.. which leaves you more time to stop and enjoy the roses and be ever so grateful god gave us these days to begin with.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr. Hill (until I know what else to call you), This is a great post. It speaks to me specifically because this past year God has spoke this truth into me many many times. He has said, "Daughter, you won't always stand on the mountain with me. There will be seasons of your life, winters and springs, summers and falls. Each with it's unique colors and warmth. Some, not so bright or warm but I'll be with you through them all." That's my testimony as to the seasons of my life and how I came to understand that I'm not meant to be at rest all the time on this side of eternity. I believe that this is the time to work and Life is the time to rest. See you in the next post!!

    ReplyDelete