Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten"

I love the scripture in John 3:19 that reads, "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent." When I was in high school, my mom watched my grades like a hawk stalking a mouse in a hay field. If they dropped below her approval, I knew about it. At the time I didn't appreciate it! But now as I look back, my mom's firm stance kept my efforts honest. The results are obvious. I'm not scared to admit my mom was right! But we'll talk about this on another occasion.
God has called prophets from the days of Adam, to speak to men the Lord's rebuke, and to explain the chastening that they often received. These moments reveal the Father's love for His children. He only wants our happiness, and if we are doing things contrary to His commandments, it cannot bring the results He wants us to have. That is why He rebukes us. That is why He chastens us. He wants us to be happy! And to stand worthy of the greatest blessings He has to offer to us. I love Him, and I have such a strong testimony of this eternal truth. Have a great day, and stay classy.
Elder Hill 

No comments:

Post a Comment