Thursday, August 16, 2012

Everything God does is for our good

Hello there! It's been a while since I've posted a blog. So, better late than never! This morning I read a scripture that I just have to share with anyone who is willing to listen. In the Book of Mormon, I read in Helaman chapter 12, verse 2, "...and in fine, doing all things for the welfare and happiness of his people..." It came in the middle of a lengthy verse, but when I read that I had to stop and soak it in for a minute. What did Nephi, the prophet who made the remark, mean by it?
In life we can see the hand of God in the blessings we receive. But do we look for His hand in the trials we endure? Not too often. Speaking for myself, at least. As Nephi teaches, though, all things God does is for the benefit of His children. IF, and that's a big if, we will trust in Him. It says in the verse prior to this one, "we can see that the Lord in his great infinite goodness doth bless and prosper those who put their trust in him."
I know that everything God does, is for our good. I invite you to look at your life, in prayer, and try to point out His hand. You will find it, I promise. Trust Him. He will never forsake you. My friends, have a great day! And stay classy.
Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment