Thursday, September 6, 2012

Seek, and ye shall find

The Savior has given you and I the promise, that, "Every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." (see Matthew 7:8) Do you really believe that? I want you to know that I do. And I trust that our Heavenly Father will, "give good things to them that ask him." (v. 11)
Joseph Smith believed that, too. He was a young man, much like you and I, who was seeking for truth. God's will concerning this young lad, was the most important thing to him. As he read in the scriptures, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him," (see James 1:5) he resolved that the only remedy for his confusion was an answer from God. That conclusion led to an avalanche of revelation, intertwined with divine authority. In this video, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints describe the experience Joseph had of which I made reference to. As you watch it, think about how his feelings relate to yours.

 
I know that the experience Joseph Smith had was real. Because I believed Christ when He said, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." ( see Matthew 7:7) Trust in Him, and trust that promise. Have a great day, and stay classy!
Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment